KilronanParish Banner image
Home About Us Parish News Our Parish Times & Dates

Ballyfarnon

Ballyfarnon is a busy market and shopping centre with all the facilities one would expect in a small town. The sectional map of the Ballyfarnon part of the parish is shown above.

Ballyfarnon Church was built in the eighteen eighties. The Ballyfarnon community are as supportive and loyal to their own church. The church does not have the grandeur of Keadue or the space of Arigna, but it is a most prayerful church. Here you really feel close to The Good Lord. Ballyfarnon Church was dedicated by Bishop Woodlock in March 1889 and was named "St Patrick's Church".

Ballyfarnon Primary School and Kilronan Playschool occupy a magnificent site on the edge of the town.

 

St. Ronan's GAA Club.

Ballyfarnon football pitch is the Gaelic football centre for the parish and is host to the parish football club" St Ronan's Club". Most of the young boys and men play with the club and quite a number of girls are fast showing promising football ability. The park is a very good football pitch with all the necessary facilities as well as excellent tennis and other sports facilities.

Community Hall.

Ballyfarnon Community Hall caters for the indoor sports requirements of the village, but especially for the indoor sporting needs of the young people. It is small but well designed for most indoor games and has extra rooms for community meetings.